Tuesday, February 3, 2009

He's ready

Cole gets tubes put in and tonsils and adenoids taken out on Thursday.

I have read books to him that goes over the hospital visit...and told him why he needs to get this done. (He has had fluid in his ears a lot lately so he can't hear well and his nose is so stopped up he has to mouth breathe all the time.)

This morning as he is trying to breathe through his nose he says to me "When am I going to get my tonsils out already?" He also told his teacher he is ready for the procedure so he can breathe better.

He is not nervous at all. We have been talking about what is going on since the ENT told us what needs to be done. So it's no big deal. I have been talking to friends, family and teachers at Cole's school about it, so he hears it all and is comfortable with it. We all feel good about this.

Please keep Cole in your prayers.

I will write about how he did and how he is doing as soon as I can.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Do you want me to come sit with you while he's getting the procedure done?

I'm sure you have lots of fun stuff planned for him to do and eat for an easy recovery. You are an awesome mom!