Sunday, March 22, 2009

Funny Cole

Here are some funny stories about Cole from the past few months:

**Background info...a week before this story I gave Cole a Speed Racer car that you put in water and it grows 4 times it's size.**
Cole and Dan went to (as Cole calls it) "Yamaha Steaks" (Omaha Steaks) to get some steaks for dinner b/c they were having a half-off sale. They came frozen and the directions said to soak in a bowl of water for so many minutes to thaw. Cole looks over at the bowl and asks "How big will the steaks get?"

I was in the middle of something and Cole wanted me to help him with something. I told him to wait a minute until I was done and he goes "You know I'm not patient, Mum."

One day I used the word "obsessed" in front of Cole. Weeks later he was outside with Dan looking across the street at the neighbor's driveway which had their three vehicles in it...all GMCs. Cole says "Those people are obsessed with GMCs."

We all went to Toys R Us one Saturday afternoon. Cole was checking out the ride-ons and really liked this one Ford. Later at dinner Dan asked Cole what ride-on he likes best of all. Cole says "The Cadillac Escalade Dad, you know I have been bugging about it for years."

Today when Cole and I were on our way to the Chevy car lot and Barnes and Noble, I noticed these beautiful trees in full blooms of white that looked like they were snow trees. I said "Look at the pretty trees, Cole." and he said "No, look at the pretty Volvo." (the Volvo was right in front of us.)

**A sweet story**
The other week I had a run in with my flat iron and burned the side of my face. Cole saw the red marks and asked if he should pray for me. I said sure...who couldn't use the sweet prayers of a 4 year old? Cole said "Dear God, bless Mum, she got burned. Amen."

0 comments: