I have to admit...we couldn't wait for fall... we did these things a few days ago. It started because I was going through the pantry getting rid of stale cereal. The Apple Jacks were past prime so they had to go. On the way to the garbage can I was looking at the AJs and thought...hey we could make a pumpkin! So we did! We took a paper plate, covered it with glue (and what kid doesn't love to squirt glue all over and again!?!?!?) and then put the orange apple jacks in the middle and the green ones on top for the stem. Of course Cole snacked on the stale rings, and didn't seem to mind. Had I thought of this the night before I would have had Cole color the paper plate orange first to make it look better. Also, if you do this activity and use toooooooo much glue the glue will absorb into the apple jacks and shrink them and make them dark...like if they were left in milk. ****You could also do this with fruit loops and make apples. Oooh, that just gave me the craft idea for our apple party on Friday!!!! :) (Our playgroup is getting together to celebrate fall...look next week for those pictures!)
Eating "fall pancakes" We got some fall sprinkles at the dollar spot at Target. (LOVE the dollar spot!!!!)
Monday, September 22, 2008
It's Fall!
Posted by Amy at 9/22/2008
Labels: teaching tips/crafts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment