I finally sent out Cole's thank you cards from his birthday. Sorry it took so long. I would like to say that it was b/c I was waiting for the car postage stamps to come out, but as much as I think it is cool to use them, I wouldn't have waited on purpose...it just worked out that way. Cole picked out the car stamp for each envelope...personalized for each of you! Anyway, Cole also helped stamp his address and put on the stamps. I xeroxed his name for the inside of the card...b/c I knew he wouldn't sit and write his name 25 times! I know I will get questions about this, so I will address it now. Cole prints his name with the first letter capital and the rest small letters. This is not b/c kids should learn to print their name this way first...when I taught Kindergarten I taught the kids to print their names in all capitals first. But, as many of you know, Cole doesn't follow the same rules as other kids. He never did. His milesstones were when HE was good and ready to do them. So it came as no shock to me when I would show him how to write his name in all caps and then in lower case that he would pick up on the lowercase better. There is no right or wrong way for children to start writing their names. And backwards letters are common throughtout kindergarten and even first grade.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Got ours today! Very cute. We got a Cadillac. Does that mean Cole thinks we are classy or just old??!?!?
We got ours too. They are adorable. I couldn't tell that Cole spells his name COle.
Post a Comment