Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yikes!

It is almost fall and I still haven't blogged about all our summer activities!!!!



We went to a new addition of the Botanic Gardens called My Big Backyard. Cole loved it and has been bugging to go back. It is a really neat play area for kids. Cole's favorite part is the row of themed houses. He also liked wading in the streams.


We fed the coy...


Cocoon swing...








Finder's Keepers House...this was a favorite among all the kids. It has tons of items cemented all the wall for an I spy game. It also had a loft!






The Rock and Roll house! There were a variety of ways to make noise, I mean music, here.




Making lunch in another house.








My baby bird in his nest!






Cole loved the old car!!!! (no shock there!)







****************************************************************


Cole's First Day of Pre-school 2009
He wanted to wear his Corvette shirt and take a cat.





He was so excited to find that their was a kitty in his classroom.


****************************************************************************




Cole loves to play in our cars. On Sunday afternoon we just wanted some peace, so Dan drove the cars in the backyard so Cole could play.



*******************************************************************


Cole made me a stepping stone for my flower garden. We pressed his hand in the cement and decorated it with pretty stones. The kit came with letter stamps so I asked Cole to tell me a special message that I could put on the stone. He started going on and on about cars and his buddy Tyler. I told him it was MY stepping stone, so maybe he could say something for me. Here is what he said: "I love Mum. She is sweet." That boy makes me smile!





************************************************************


Before Cole got a camera for his birthday, I let him use my old digital camera. Here are some pictures he took. These are just a few from the hundreds he took!





grill of my car...




Cutie trying to sleep in the garage.





Here are pictures that I took of him taking pictures.






*************************************************************

4th of July fun



*********************************************************************


We went to Mud Island. It is a park (in the MS river) that has a replica of the Mississippi river. It is filled with water so the kids can walk in it while they trace the path of the river from north to south.
We took the monorail over. Cole thought it was neat.











You can see the city of Memphis from the island. Here Cole is playing in the "Gulf of Mexico"




There is the mighty Mississipp in the background.

****************************************************


We found some great stuff while shopping for back to school supplies! Mustang notebooks, Dodge book covers...
































































































0 comments: